Re: Status of CIFS?

Dear William,

On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 13:16, William Hooper wrote:
> No that wasn't the original question.  The original question was if SMB
> has moved back to being preferred over CIFS for Fedora Core 2.  The
> earlier FC plans were to migrate to CIFS, but support for it seems to be
> broken.

I appreciate your clarification. I did not mean to misread your
question, and hope my answers have not added to any frustration you have
on this issue.

I still suspect that the Samba mailing lists might be more helpful. I
think they're up to date on Fedora developments with Samba. But if I
were in your place, I might try here also, as I don't know if Red Hat
folks like Brent Fox or Havoc are on the Samba mailing lists.

Thanks,
Mike