Installing a new kernel

IIRC, in the past when I installed a new kernel via yum, I got a message
that said that grub was found and updated to reflect the new kernel. I
installed the last few kernels using up2date. My Logwatch tells me that
lilo was updated. Since my grub conf was indeed updated I am curious if
this is just a bad message or something really happened with lilo.