(ACPI) Latitude C400 Reboot/Lock in S3

When I issue an echo -n '3' > /proc/acpi/sleep from inside X, the system immediately reboots when I try to bring it out of suspend (lights come on for power, no lights for hdd, and it reboots).

When I do the same thing in single-user mode, the same thing happens, but it does not reboot. The keyboard is unresponsive (no caps/num locks lights).

-Vibol