Re: YAST and YUM Front-end

On Mon, 10 May 2004, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> Given that Red Carpet is completely open source is there some reason it
> doesn't seem to have even been considered so far?

The tools to create Red Carpet repositories weren't open source until last
year which *was* a major showstopper for using RC. With the unified
repository metadata project there's hope that one day you'll be able to
use any old depsolver you wish with any repository (but I've no idea if
support for that is actively being developed for RC)

	- Panu -