Re: Re: FC2 test3 x86_64 ATI 9600 dual head support

Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 12:19:47 +0200
From: Eugen Leitl <eugen leitl org>
Subject: Re: FC2 test3 x86_64 ATI 9600 dual head support
To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
	<fedora-test-list redhat com>

Thanks. I was able to get dual-head working with a minor variation based on your setup. 3d hardware acceleration isn't there, so I guess we'll have to wait for ATI's binary drivers.

I've never been able to configure dual-head with my (Sapphire) ATI Radeon 9600 with onboard means (system-configure-display and such) though.

Is there a trick to it, or is it supposed to proceed without glitches?

What system-configure-display did in my case, was putting two times the same monitor defination (same resolutions, same refresh rates) in the xorg.conf file. So I had to edit the file manually, and adjust the settings. Also, the hightest refresh rate in the range you give is tried. If this one is to high for you monitor, the X-server will fail to load.

Defining which monitor should be the right or left one, was not possible with the tool too.