Re: Sandisk reader problems... Same symptom as firewire?

Craig Tinson wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:

In reference to the previous message regarding lockup at checking hardware and enabling swap errors. I have the same problem with the sandisk reader that went bad. The reader failed at the same time I was trying to hotplug the scanner from earlier postings.

With a (CF) card in the reader, it will lockup at checking hardware. If you disable kudzu, you can get the computer to boot into a normal state, even with the card reader messed up.
I'm not sure if this lockup state is similar to firewire or not. This computer does not have firewire ports.

just out of curiosity... have you tried other CF cards? I had a similar problem before and trying a different card showed the reader was fine.. just a screwed up card..

Craig

(P.S) sorry if this has already been suggested.. am just catching up on emails while apt has a dicky-fit.. lol

I'm suspect of the CF card myself. The CF that was inserted was an 8 Meg Flash. I have a 32 Meg Flash chip that I'll try later. The flashing green light, without a card installed, for the CF port leads me to think the card reader is shot.

The lockup at checking hardware related to kudzu and the long delay that fdisk -l experienced (kudzu disabled) concerns me.

Thanks for the suggestion

Jim

--
Bank error in your favor.  Collect $200.