that viper 330 video revisited

Greetings;

When I made the remark about a rage128 with only 4 megs boggling the
mind, in /var/log/dmesg it doesn't show up, but on screen there is an
oops and a traceback while kregister? or some similar name is trying
to register in the radeon framebuffer to go with it.

I'm gonna assume it never saw a rage128 with only 4 megs is the cause.
However, when running X, there are times when I have to force a
screen refresh by expanding a terminal screen and then resizing it
back to its normal size because the screen has become contaminated
with horizontal grey bars.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)