Re: CD ripping is broken on USB drives

Jurgen Botz wrote:
I explicitly tell cdparanoia to used /dev/scd0 as both
the cdrom device and generic device it still tries to
open sg0...
[...] Error trying to open /dev/scd0 exclusively (Read-only file system).
retrying in 1 second.

I just noticed that the error message is not consistent with what I said... in fact, if I just use "cdparaoia -g /dev/scd0" then I get "Error trying to open /dev/sg0 exclusively (No such device or address)", i.e. it seems to be ignoring my "-g" and trying to open sg0 anyway. If I specify both -d and -g I get the above which is maybe even stranger.

In any case it doesn't work.

:j