Re: cyrus-imap

Am Mo, den 10.05.2004 schrieb Chris Kloiber um 19:54:

> This one I picked up on myself. What I haven't tested yet is if I cm
> 'user.ckloiber', do I need to use 'user.ckloiber' or 'ckloiber' as my
> username in imap clients to log in?

> Chris Kloiber

ckloiber will be your username with which you authenticate. Certain as
long as we are speaking about single domain setup. If running the new
virtual domain hosting feature I am not sure whether you might
authenticate with user realm where realm is then the specific domain. I
would guess it might be this way. You then will have to store the user
auth data in the sasldb2 too with the proper realm set. As far as I
remember the "user.accountname" scheme is for distinction between
personal user mailboxes and shared boxes.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 20:33:26 up 13 days, 19:21, load average: 0.38, 0.69, 0.58
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]