FC2 test3 install on x86-64

I have a friend who's doing an install of FC2 test3 on an AMD64 system.
He's doing a text mode install and it gets through the questions and
starts formatting the disk. At this point it corrupts the screen by
displaying garbage and crashes the system. I don't see anything in
bugzilla, but this looks very odd.

The system has:
	Gigabyte K8N Pro
	2 GB ECC RAM
	WD IDE 200 GB
	GeForce FX5300

Any suggestions? Does anyone have an AMD64 system configuration they
like and works well?

						- |Daryll