Re: Latest yum update...Quake III and UT2004 no workie

On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:24:01 -0500, ByteEnable <byteenable austin rr com> wrote:
> I found my problem after reading my own post.  The MESA drivers in Xorg
> confused the NVidia the GL drivers.  I just simply reinstalled the GL portion
> of the NVidia drivers and everything is working again.

I think you got that backwards... nvidia's installer confuses the two.
nvidia's install delibrately overwrites file locations that mesa's gl is using.
File locations managed by the rpm database.  You use nvidia's
installer, and you are working against the distribution package
management system. Once you use nvidia's installer... how is rpm
suppose to know that xorg's mesa update is overwriting files nvidia
placed?

-jef"package management isn't just for the birds"spaleta