centrino wifi support

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue May 11 03:05:27 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 03:33, tim+redhat.com at coote.org wrote:
> >That might explain why I can't get ndiswrapper to work at all. What is the
> >incompatibility and what needs to be done to fix it? Looks like I'll need
> > to reinstall core 1.
> last point on the ndiswrapper faq is to disable 4kstacks. Although there's
> a response in this thread that the linuxant driver works with centrino
> wifi, I got a response in the ndiswrapper forum that it can't be done for
> this driver. Clearly one of the data points is wrong.

Third data point:
Linuxant driverloader 1.68 (latest) on Dell Inspiron 600m (Intel P/W2100B)
using the distributed driver:

driverloader: module license 'see LICENSE file; Copyright (c)2003-2004
Linuxant inc.' taints kernel.
driverloader: module license 'see LICENSE file; Copyright (c)2003-2004
Linuxant inc.' taints kernel.
driverloader: driver "w70n51" requires minimum kernel stack of 8K, only 4K
available
driverloader: probe of 0000:02:03.0 failed with error -12

lspci output:
02:03.0 Network controller: Intel Corp. PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI
Adapter (rev 04)
        Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 2565
        Memory at fafef000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology