Re: Xsane

Brian Anderson wrote:
Perhaps because you can access it from the Gimp. I asked this same question in bugzilla and the removal is deliberate...

That's not a very sensible reason. The Xsane interface itself is useful without Gimp. For example, it can be used in the "Copy" mode to send a scanned document directly to the default system printer without the overhead of opening Gimp.

I just added a note to the bugzilla report 122985 to that effect.

Gerry Tool

Gerry Tool wrote:

Bob Gill wrote:

You aren't wrong. Xsane used to be in the graphics menu, but isn't. Like gnome-session-properties it mysteriously disappeared from the
menus.