Re: Alsa and kcontrol

david walcroft wrote:

John Dee wrote:

david walcroft wrote:

Hi,I'm having trouble getting sound from Kde apps,in control centre I can
generate sound related to apps but using the apps have no sound. this is
part of stdout from running kcontrol from kterminal.

server status: busy
real-time status: real-time
server buffer time: 46.4399 ms
buffer size multiplier: 1
minimum stream buffer time: 46.4399 ms
auto suspend time: 60 s
audio method: alsa
sampling rate: 44100
channels: 2
sample size: 16 bits
duplex: full
device: default
fragments: 2
fragment size: 4096
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1057:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0c failed: Device or resource busy

ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:494:(snd_pcm_hw_start) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START failed: Broken pipe

Thanks for any help david

chmod -R 777 /dev/snd/*

Sorry John it did'nt work,it seems artswrapper cannot run because of the broken pipe.

david

Hmm.. I'm probably not gonna be a lot of help. I don't use kde, or any sound daemons.

--
Live life at 140bpm