What´s wrong with USB...

...in kernels with version > 2.6.2?

As I posted a few days before, I have problems getting my cyberjack card
reader back to work since I upgraded my second mchine from RH9 to FC2
Test3. I also posted this issue to the manufactorer which replied
instantly. They pointed out that the drivers for the card reader refuse to
work since kernel 2.6.2. After that there must have been bigger changes on
the kernel´s USB subsystem.

So what´s the matter? Do I have to wait for another kernel release? Or is
this a driver problem?

Is there anything I can do (patch or something)?

Thanks & Regards!

Christian