Re: SCSI sg driver does not see the devices.

Thank Alan,

Alan Cox wrote:

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 09:03:01AM +0200, Francis SOUYRI wrote:

Do you know if this feature will be included in the stock kernel ?

If I understand actually the "mtx", "cdrecord", "cdparanoia"... programs need to be patched (SG_IO) specifically for the FC2 !

I asked Linus. His answer was a definitive "no".

Alan

If the stock kernel will never include this feature, the use of "specific" programs (with specific code) for the FC2 kernel is not a good idea.

If I write a program, I use #if solaris, #if aix, #if linux... and my program, from one source can compile/run on different Unix, now I need to code #if fc2, #if fc(X), #if suze, #if mandrake, #if mypersodistrib... if I want my program to run on different Linux distributions, because they use different "mods" kernel. It needs to have only "one" Linux kernel...

Best regards.

Francis