Re: How to get back on the testing treadmill

Fulko Hew sita aero wrote:

With the recent switchover anticipating the upcomming FC2 release, both yum and up2date config files have been changed.

I assume that updates are still coming out for testing.

Yes, I have still gotten some after this up2date change.

What do /etc/yum.conf and /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources have to be changed back _to_, to start getting those updates again?

This is my temporary setup in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources where I have added a couple of mirrors to selectively use by uncommenting one that I think may be responsive (these lines end in "development".)

I double commented the lines for fc2 to remind me to open those up later.

Of course, look out for line wrap in the lines below.

##yum fedora-core-2 http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-2
##yum updates-released-fc2 http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-2
##yum-mirror fedora-core-2 http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/fedora-core-2
##yum-mirror updates-released-fc2 http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/updates-released-fc2
#yum updates-testing http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-$releasever
#yum updates-testing ftp://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/development
yum updates-testing ftp://ftp.dulug.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/development
#yum updates-testing ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/development
#yum-mirror updates-testing http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/updates-testing

Gerry Tool