Strange lockups on Dell workstations

I have had some lockup problems occur during the install and after the
install on a Dell GX 240. I was able to get around the second lockup by
removing the kernel option 'rhgb' during the initial boot menu. I forgot
what i did for the first lockup, Ill be reinstalling again soon enough and
can post it. I dont have much more information though as the  system locks
up which makes it difficult to get any data when the only solution to get
control back is to power-cycle the system.

Greg