imap server - Dovecot or WU-imap

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl2 at iadonisi.to
Tue May 11 17:16:15 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 11:14, Neal Becker wrote:

> cyrus uses it's own binary database.  dovecot works with simple file formats,
> like maildir.

  Well, not exactly.  It's about as close to maildir as you can get
without actually being maildir.  It's one message per file and there's
nothing special about the files.  There are additional index files and a
seen file for each user (or maybe per mailbox?  I forgot).  Overall, I
suspect it would be trivial to convert a cyrus imapd folder into a true
maildir format, given that there are already scripts out there to fix
maildirs after a restore from backup.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator