Re: cron fails to load after upgrade to FC2

Phil Anderson wrote:

I just updated one of my FC1 boxes to FC2T3 (and updated), and cron is
having serious problems!  It starts up, but fails to load the crontab,
or anything in the cron.d directory.

May 11 23:17:35 harry crond[6682]: (system_u) getfilecon FAILED
(/etc/crontab)
May 11 23:17:35 harry crond[6682]: (system_u) getfilecon FAILED
(/etc/cron.d/clamav-update)

Possibly a SELinux problem?  I'm just using the default SELinux settings
(disabled?).  No selinux kernel boot parameters, and the file
/etc/sysconfig/selinux doesn't exist.

Any ideas? Or is this one for bugzilla?

Thanks,
Phil

Looks like a bug to me (possibly in init not handling the non-existence of /etc/sysconfig/selinux correctly).

A workaround may be to create the /etc/sysconfig/selinux file with the contents "SELINUX=disabled" (no quotes).

HTH
Richard Hally