2.6 and Blanking Screen

Jason KRISCH jasonk at ali-inc.com
Wed May 12 14:27:35 UTC 2004

I was wondering if anyone else on this list was experiencing similar
results:

With FC2T3 on my laptop (HP Pavilion ze5200) I had several issues with
the screen going blank (and the backlight turning off too) during boot.
It seemed to happen at random places at different times during boot.
The system
would be locked as far as I could tell and I had to power off.  I have
since tried passing "vga=773" or "vga=normal" to the kernel at boot time
and both seem to get me past the screen going blank.  (I also pass
"psmouse.proto=imps" so I can tap-click with my touchpad.)

However, when I exit X - no matter what runlevel I am running in, the
screen goes immediately blank, backlight is powered off, and as far as I
can tell
the laptop is locked up.  This applies to "Log Out", "Reboot", and
"Shutdown".  I have found no related entries in my logs.  I have also
tried passing "acpi=off" to the kernel.

Anyone else have issues like this?  I think it is a 2.6 issue more than
a FC2 issue.

Thanks!

Jed