Install on finicky hardware

Hi

I installed FC2-Test3 on a couple machines over the last couple of days with reasonable results.

I was glad to see 3D support for my ATI Radeon AIW 8500DV, the tuner and video capture
didn't work, but I have never been able to get it to work under linux. The card uses ATI's
RageTheater chip or something like that.

One mother board I have has an i810 audio and after turning up all the volume controls it
works fine.

On the other Machine the onboard ADI198x codec works as well, same thing though,
I had to turn all the volume controls up.

My ASUS video card {Nvidia GeForce 4 MX} works, but only 2D. The video capture {no
tuner on the card} does not seem to work on this card either {it's supposed to work using
rivatv but I have not tried yet}.

I put an AverMedia TV Studio Card in the machine with the Nvidia Card, and it worked
well without any messing around using tvtime.

I have not been able to get my iRman or the remote for the AverMedia TV Studio to work
and the USB X10 Remote that came with my ATI card detects but, I haven't been able to
figure out how to make it work either.

The on board Promice 37x SATA/RAID controller doesn't seem to work either. While
installing it seemed to load a driver, but none of the 'drives' showed up.

During install I had to unplug the USB2 external drive, because the machine seemed to
hang and would not move past the blue screen.

With all these apparent hiccups, this has so far been the best install I've gone through with
linux on these peices of hardware. In the future I plan to stay away from ASUS and Nvidia.
ATI seems to have come around, and are at least supporting 3D video. For video capture
I think I will stay with Haupauge and AverMedia, they seem to work well.

I'll check out DVD tonight, and see how that goes.

PS Does anyone know what software works with the FM reciever on my capture card?

Thanks in advance.