Test results hp laptop and 2.6 kernel

I upgraded to the 2.6 kernel to see if the hp laptop display blanking was kernel related or something else. The display does not blank on my hp ze4315us laptop.

I edited just the XF86Config file for FC1's version for the "/dev/input/mice" needed for the 2.6 kernels. The touchpad click was not touched.

Upgrades selected by up2date to get the 2.6 kernel installed were the below.

kernel-utils-2.4-9.1.131
glibc-2.3.3-27
ncurses-devel-5.4-5
readline-devel-4.3-10.1
glibc-common-2.3.3-27
libtermcap-devel-2.0.8-38
ncurses-5.4-5
shadow-utils-4.0.3-21

I had to manually download kernel-2.6.5-1.358 from the site. It must have been related to athlon arch for nptl 2.4 kernels compared to i686 arch versions for the 2.6.

Not having the functionality of the synaptic touchpad tapping is a distraction for the 2.6 kernel.

Jim

-- Good day for overcoming obstacles. Try a steeplechase.