Sound on Intel i845 in test3

I'm currently running FC2 test3 (which I upgraded to from FC1) on a computer that uses Intel i845 integrated sound chipset.

My problem is that while my chipset is properly detected by the soundcard detection tool, I cannot get audio to work on my computer. This problem did not occur with FC1, and there is no problem with sound on Windows (I have the machine set up for a duel-boot).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?