Re: Sound on Intel i845 in test3

On Wednesday 12 May 2004 09:59 pm, fedora-test-list-request redhat com scribed
thusly in the great archives:
> I'm currently running FC2 test3 (which I upgraded to from FC1) on a
> computer that uses Intel i845 integrated sound chipset.
>
> My problem is that while my chipset is properly detected by the
> soundcard detection tool, I cannot get audio to work on my computer.
> This problem did not occur with FC1, and there is no problem with sound
> on Windows (I have the machine set up for a duel-boot).
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Hmmmm.  If you open xosview, do you see the symptom that after an attempt at
sound (even a simple console beep in KDE, for example) the CPU usage pegs at
100% system for 20 seconds to a minute?