Yum problems

Trond Danielsen privat at trond-danielsen.org
Thu May 13 16:41:06 UTC 2004

Hi!
Download fedora-release.rpm manually from fedora.redhat.com or edit yum
manually. The new adress in yum.conf should be:

http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/*/$basearc/RPMS.updates/

* <- replace with 2, or update fedora-release and leave $releasever.

http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1.92/i386/RPMS.updates/headers/header.info
|   Executing failover method
| failover: out of servers to try
| Error getting file

http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1.92/i386/RPMS.updates/headers/header.info
| [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
|
| on my Fedora 2(test3) system. I saw a reference on this list to the fact
| that this was a known problem, but I have not been able to figure out
| how to get yum working again. One person provided an alternate yum.conf
| file, which did work once but then it started giving me the same error
| (that is what is shown above). Do I just stop using yum for now or is
| there a workaround? Can someone point me in the right direction?
|
| Much obliged,
|
| nbc
|
| NAME:   Neil B. Cohen (Aiki Software)
| PHONE:  703-444-4610
| DOMAIN: nbc at aikisoft.com
| *************************************************************
| * Murphy's Philosophy: Smile - tomorrow will be worse...    *
| * O'Tooles Commentary: Murphy was an optimist!              *

- --
Trond Danielsen

* http://www.trond-danielsen.org  * The ASCII ribbon campaign      ( )
* Mobile tlf: +47 99 62 52 35     *     against HTML e-mail         X
* GPG ID: 0x02F29FD9              * http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \