reboot is shutting down hard drives

Hi All,

I noticed a strange thing after doing all the updates to my FC2T3 system
(as of May 12), and running kernel 2.6.5-1.358.  When I do a system
reboot, it actually powers down the hard drives (the message comes up as
Shutting down hda, Shutting down hdb, etc.)  Then you can hear the
drives spinning down as if the machine was powering off, but it reboots
as expected.  It then takes 10-20 seconds or so for the drives to power
up again before the boot process continues.  It is kind of annoying, and
seems unnecessary.  Does anyone else experience this behaviour?

Best,
Scott