From: Bruce P. Morin [mailto:bpmorin safepointetech com]
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 9:39 AM
To: 'raxet'
Subject: RE: Working Firewire in FC2?

Raxet,

That's too bad. SuSE gets this right, out of the box plus their kernel is
built with multi lun option turned on so most usb multi-card readers work
without having to recompile the kernel.

RedHat has really never taken Firewire seriously as it has always been a
struggle to get it working, and that's a shame as it is great technology.

I am going to try the fix that Phil mentioned, but if that doesn't work, it
looks like we are going to have to change distros as I don't have the time
or inclination to deal with something that by now, should just work.

Bruce