Re: Fedora Core 2 feedback (user perspective)

Andy Green wrote:

Maybe preinstalled isn't the problem... I know that some of the external repos have packaged more of these things, maybe what would essentially scratch Robert's itch is a single script that can be run after install which autofetches the various license/patent problem packages (direct from Sun/Realplayer, for example, thus not treading on toes) and installs them. (And does stuff like disable Noatun and Kaboodle... and artsd... sets up ~/.mplayer/config... sets up Konq MIME stuff for MP3/MPG/AVI etc...)

Did anyone make such a thing yet?

K12LTSP (based on Fedora) has scripts to get some commercial stuff (I don't remember which stuff). You could probably script multimedia stuff from livna.