Yum and Going from Test 3 to official release of Core 2

I suppose I know the answer already, but it was a bit disconcerting.

After doing a 'yum update' earlier this week, I found I couldn't do that any more. Why? Because my $releasever had been updated to have a value of 2.

And when I hard coded 1.92 in yum.conf, many of the repositories had disappeared.

So I figure I can't do any updates until the official Core 2 release next week.

Makes sense, but it would be nice to have some way of being notified that the yum $releasever has changed.

Thanks.

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own