Re: fedora test3

On Sat, 15 May 2004 04:29:51 +0000, James Bond wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using Fedora test3 . I obseved one issue with Yum configuration file in
> test3. In test 2 one of the vraible in /etc/yum.conf fiel used to look like
> the following by default:
> distroverpkg=fedora-release
>
> Now in the test 3, it is set to redhat-release by default as follows:
> distroverpkg=redhat-release
>
> Can anyone let me know why there is a change?

Not a bug.

The following is the original bug report when it was changed the first
time in Fedora Core 0.94. Yes, Fedora Core 1 (!) Test 3:

  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/106460

It was fixed with a patch that works with both fedora-release and
redhat-release packages/files, so the configuration works on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux, too.

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.5-1.358