RE: Working Firewire in FC2?

Hi Bruce,

> The links you provided are derivative works of the RedHat Distribution. You
> could have thrown Mandrake in there too for that matter. But just because
> they derive from RedHat doesn't mean they are RedHat.

I don't know about the others, but afaict WhiteBox can hardly be called
a derivative work (maybe in a legal sense, but that is beside the
point). It's just a rebuild from srpm, with only a slight amount of
patching to get it build.

> To answer the question, YOU CANT!

If you are speaking of a binary release you are right. But the sources
are there on your local mirror for you to grab and rebuild.

Leonard.