Re: When can we see the inclusion of Video Players for RedhatFedora?

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 09:52:45AM -0600, Guy Fraser wrote:
> Why don't we switch from yum to apt, install synaptic and then have
> a configuration option or preference option that allows people to
> access "commercial or unsupported applications" and it enables non
> RH repositories with these other apps.

Yum can already handle this, just the only application I know in a non-free
repository like that is Macromedia Flash. The other app thats needed to make
it all work well is a mozilla helper which understands some mime type to
be defined and contains repository definitions so you can click to run an
appl which allows you to add repositories.

Alan