Re: Red Hat Introduces Desktop Linux Competitor

Alan Cox wrote:

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 09:14:57AM -0500, jim tate wrote:

Why is it, that Redhat so dislikes KDE? the number one
choice of linux users.

I'm not sure whether KDE is the number one choice of users (or in fact whether most users actually care/know). I am sure Red Hat doesn't "dislike" KDE.

For business you have to care about stuff like supportability, what business
wants and business requirements - like accessibility for disabled users.

I read this article, and I assumed that they will still offer KDE
as a optional install in Fedora2.

Fedora 2 has KDE, and I really don't see it going away 8). In fact FC2 we added a desktop (xfce)

Alan

Thank you Alan, that puts my soul to rest.
Not to sound harsh, but I hope Redhat never forgets that it was the RedHat Linux
Hackers that got RedHat Linux exposed and got it started to what it is today.
I started out with 5.0 and I'm still around with Fedora2.

Thanks
Jim Tate

James Tate