Re: xorg.conf in FC2

Jonathan Baron wrote:

On 05/16/04 13:50, raxet wrote:

So what is to be done with this FC2 test3 error on XKB? I was told to
edit the xorg.conf file.
However when as root trying to edit that file, the file is READ only.

How to fix?

The obvious way is, as root: chmod 644 xorg.conf (after cd /etc/X11 of course). The chmod command changes permissions.

But this is _so_ obvious that I'm wondering whether something
else is wrong.  It is also a puzzle how the permissions got
unset.

Jon

I'm stating that in my /etc/X11 directory there is no xorg.conf. The only one I found was located in the /usr/XR11R6/lib/Server dir. What to do please?

RaXeT