Re: xorg.conf in FC2

Andrew Farris wrote:

On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 16:05 -0600, raxet wrote:

I'm stating that in my /etc/X11 directory there is no xorg.conf. The only one I found was located in the /usr/XR11R6/lib/Server dir. What to do please?

RaXeT

Remove the old XF86Config files (if any are present), make sure there is no xorg.conf file (you already have) and then create a new config file from scratch with system-config-display: system-config-display --reconfig

If that fails.. try adding the --noui option so that X is not started
while configuring.

I'm assuming your telling me to remove my XF86Config file in the /etc/X11 directory.
Then do a search of my system for any existing xorg.conf, then if found move it to the /etc/X11 directory or if I don't find the xorg.conf to recreate it by the system-config-display --reconfig?

Thanks,

RaXeT