Re: Serious reservations about FC2 release on 5/18

Paul Iadonisi wrote:
On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 18:52, Paul Iadonisi wrote:

Regressions happen. It's not good, but they happen. Think of it this
way...someone new to Fedora Core installing FC2 making a dual boot
system out of a previously Windows XP system is going to have problems.

  I meant to add to this that someone who already has a dual boot system
with Windows XP / FC1 is not going to have the problem, as you noted in
your original post.

Actually I can vouch that this is not true. I had Core 1 on hdc with XP living on hda1 and grub from Core 1 happily booting both OSes. I installed core2test3 over core1 and it wouldn't allow me to boot XP. My workaround was to go into the BIOS and hard set it to LBA mode instead of AUTO. That allowed me to boot into XP.

Also, I didn't do any repartitioning. Just formated the partitions on hdc that held the core1 install and used the same layout for the installation of test3.

--
Anthony DeStefano
destefan vaxcave com