Re: Serious reservations about FC2 release on 5/18

Damian Menscher wrote:

On Sun, 16 May 2004, Sean Estabrooks wrote:

On Sun, 16 May 2004 19:37:09 -0500 Gerry Tool <gstool earthlink net> wrote:

I do concur that this is going to hurt the reputation of FC2.

Holy shit, too bad there isn't a whiner of the day award! People like
you really shouldn't be using test releases. The idea is to find problems
and post bug reports not freak out when things aren't working perfectly.
Maybe we should just do what Microsoft does and says Dual boot is
not supported, you're on your own!!

Newsflash: it's no longer a test release.

On a related note, anyone starting to think about FC2.1 yet?

Damian Menscher

Given that FC2 is frozen, should most of these threads move to the fedora-list?
At this point, fedora-test should be quiet until the final release date, and then only people testing from rawhide should work through this list.