Re: Serious reservations about FC2 release on 5/18

A very serious bug exists which can render dual-boot Windows XP
installations inoperable. The problem has been discussed in other
threads here on this list, and can be found in bugzilla, so I won't go
over it in more detail. Please see bugzilla bugs 120128 and 115980.
This problem happens on my hardware even if the harddrive is wiped, and
a fresh Windows XP install is performed before FC2-test3.
I know about this problem because I experienced it first hand in
FC2-test3. The only way I've found to work around it is to install
Windows XP, then FC1, and finally do an UPGRADE to FC2-test3. Something
is just plain not right with the FC2 "from scratch" installation
process. This problem did NOT exist in FC1!

This is actually a bug in Windows XP, please forward your concerns to
Microsoft asking them the correct procedure to dual boot with Linux. :o)

Don't joke about something like that. Microsoft actually has a knowledge base article covering what their customers should do with Linux...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314458

(and I wish i was kidding... <sigh>)

-Sean :)

GPG public key: <http://homepage.mac.com/smearp/seanpgp.asc>