Serious reservations about FC2 release on 5/18

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Mon May 17 03:32:13 UTC 2004

Sean Estabrooks wrote:
> On Sun, 16 May 2004 19:37:09 -0500
> Gerry Tool <gstool at earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>I do concur that this is going to hurt the reputation of FC2.
>

> Holy shit, too bad there isn't a whiner of the day award!   People like
> you really shouldn't be using test releases.  The idea is to find problems
> and post bug reports not freak out when things aren't working perfectly.
> Maybe we should just do what Microsoft does and says Dual boot is
> not supported, you're on your own!!
>
> Cheers,
> Sean

Why do you have to get offensive and personal?  I've been happily
involved in every "Red Hat" test release since the public beta for RHL8.
  I am NOT WHINING.  I've reported a number of bugs for the three FC2
test releases to bugzilla and have put up with whatever problems testing
has caused.  I am simply concerned with the people who have not been
testers who now will be bitten by this problem when they do a fresh
install of FC2 on a dual boot system having windows XP, and the reviews
that will point this out.

Looking back on this thread, you have been a constant complainer about
everyone who has the opinion that this is an issue that needs serious
attention.

Why are you so vitriolic about this issue?

Gerry Tool