Re: Re: How to help? was Re: Serious reservations about FC2 release on 5/18

On Mon, 17 May 2004 13:59:28 -0400 (EDT), Anthony DeStefano > This
does not work.  Something (fdisk or grub) is overwriting information
> that it shouldn't be.  I've looked at it a bit and you can see it in the
> Partition Magic attachment in the bug report.  What's happening is after
> these changes are made on the primary disk (hda), the BIOS is thinking
> that it should be using CHS mode instead of LBA.  Things point more
> towards grub then fdisk; since in my experience it happens even when I
> don't repartition.

grub...or the kernel....
when you use grub to push to the mbr. Is grub figuring out the disk
geometry on its on? Or is grub asking the running kernel about disk
geometry?
using the same version of grub, do you get the same problem using a
2.4.x kernel as you do with a 2.6.x kernel?

-jef