Re: Gigabit ethernet cards

Thank you guys for all the answers, fedora is really nice.

I have a haevy enterprise web application (Apache/PHP) running with 600
users (active sessions) on a 4x SMP Pentium III 550MHz each (RH9 -
2.4.20smp).  Right now the poor server is very stressed and I have
detected bottlenecks in the network (100Mbps) due to the high traffic
between the web server and the database.  So, I am planning to make the
leap from 100 to 1GB network.

Is there any advice from all of you regarding this? I have a good
experience with linux but this is the first time I am going to work in
the gigabit arena.

I am afraid that it is a bad assumption to think that 1Gb will improve
transfer speeds just like that.  Maybe there is some deeper
configuration / tuning left to be done after installing the new card.

Thanks,

-William