Re: Realplayer10 !!

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 06:54, Roland Wolters wrote:
> Hm, you are right in some points, although we get a xmms without any mp3
> support - so we could get a video plaer without support for non GPL/LGPL
> codecs as long as it is easy enough to add this support by adding some rpms.
> That hurts no one I think.

xmms CAN play other formats as shipped or else they wouldn't ship it...
helixplayer is different.

-sb

> > The day this package is in Fedora is the day I move to another
> > distribution.
>
> Do whatever you want to do, why not? Its the freedom of choice.

Yes I know that, but I wanted my $5 in on this discussion as the Helix
player fiasco is playing on my proprietary hatred cause its just a
wrapper for binary-licensed stuff, like the nvidia driver only partially
as evil (I'd really like to see the voodoo going on those drivers)

-sb