Re: Gigabit ethernet cards

On Tue, 18 May 2004 09:18, William Lovaton <williama_lovaton coomeva com co>
wrote:
> > On desktop boxes the PCI bus typically ends up a bottleneck. Good servers
> > tend to work out better - keep the disk and gige on different pci busses
> > etc
>
> Well, this server uses SCSI, so I guess there is no problem. Right?

SCSI or IDE makes no difference.  You still have to transfer the same amount
of data.

Whether the disk controller is based on the motherboard or on a PCI card may
make a difference.  For a SMP machine I hope that they would have a separate
PCI bus for on-board devices...