Test 3 & Sata, Radeon 9200

Greg Miller greg-miller at shaw.ca
Tue May 18 19:48:12 UTC 2004

Thanks for the tips.

It looks like my problem is a little bigger than I anticipated. I also
forgot to mention a few details.

When the system starts and get to the graphical display (where is says
to press F2 for details) the screen looks like it zoomed in on the upper
left hand section of the screen. i.e creating the display in 1024x768
and showing 640x480.

The login screen looks fine.

When I login, I am stuck at 640x480 and I get this error:

Error activating XKB configuration.
Probably internal X server problem.

X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
60700000

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkb

The results of the above are:

[millerg at localhost millerg]$ xprop -root | grep XKB
_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = "xfree86", "pc105", "us", "", ""
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "xfree86", "pc105", "us", "", ""

[millerg at localhost millerg]$ gconftool-2 -R
/desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkb
 layouts = [us]
 model = pc105
 overrideSettings = false