RE: USB Mouse not working since kernel update

I don't know if I'm sending this right cause it's my first time using the test list but I had this problem before and found this about it:
Error scenario: Some motherboards based on VIA chipsets have USB-related problems with 2.6.x kernels.
Why: This problem is due to USB support with these motherboards, although the number of problematic motherboards is decreasing with each new kernel revision. You can see evidence of the problem with boot-time syslog messages such as:

usb 1-1: control timeout on ep0in
and
usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed (...) ret -110

Solution: Add any or all of the following boot kernel parameters to your /etc/lilo.conf file: "acpi=off", "noapic", or "nolapic". Execute "lilo -v" to update the LILO configuration. After boot, execute the following commands:

# modprobe -r uhci-hcd
# modprobe uhci-hcd

You may also elect to use the 2.4.x kernel.

all I needed to do was add the nolapic and it worked. hope this helps

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN Premium http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines