USB Mouse not working since kernel update

Nabil Tanassi nabilt at msn.com
Wed May 19 02:04:49 UTC 2004

I don't know if I'm sending this right cause it's my first time using the
test list but I had this problem before and found this about it:
Error scenario: Some motherboards based on VIA chipsets have USB-related
problems with 2.6.x kernels.
Why: This problem is due to USB support with these motherboards, although
the number of problematic motherboards is decreasing with each new kernel
revision. You can see evidence of the problem with boot-time syslog messages
such as:

usb 1-1: control timeout on ep0in
and
usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed (...) ret -110

Solution: Add any or all of the following boot kernel parameters to your
/etc/lilo.conf file: "acpi=off", "noapic", or "nolapic". Execute "lilo -v"
to update the LILO configuration. After boot, execute the following
commands:

# modprobe -r uhci-hcd
# modprobe uhci-hcd

You may also elect to use the 2.4.x kernel.

all I needed to do was add the nolapic and it worked. hope this helps