Re: Fix for the XP dual boot problem

On Wed, 19 May 2004 08:54:48 -0400, Gene C. <czar czarc net> wrote:

> OK, the process which was posted to the mailing list may work to fix things
> when they get screwed up.  However, I have used a different approach which
> works for me ... don't let things get screwed up.
>
> When I install Fedora (and this has also happened with RHL at some times) and
> the installer gripes that the partition table has errors, it is usually the
> case that the disk was partitioned with LBA (and fdisk).

One thing I haven't gotten a good sense of... is everyone having
problems with XP currently...getting an installer warning about
partition errors before things go horribly wrong?  If people are
ignoring warning messages, that is important information.

-jef"warnings what are they good for? absolutely nothin'...err i
mean...ignore warnings at your own peril"spaleta