Re: Fix for the XP dual boot problem

On 5/19/2004 9:29 AM, Radu Cornea wrote:

I tried to recreate the bad partition problem again (from the saved mbr
sector), made sure XP wasn't booting any more and then I run in Linux:

sfdisk -d /dev/hda | sfdisk --no-reread -H240 /dev/hda

This seems to have fixed it just like my original procedure (well much
easier :) ). I even did a byte compare of the mbr with the one I restored
before using those long steps and they are the same.

Just a comment: the 240 value worked for my setup, but in most other cases the right value would probably be 255.

--
Radu