Re: Kickstart problems in FC2

RC> Anyone know of a limit to the number of parameters or has the
RC> process changed with the 2.6 kernel?

2.4 kernel just ignored arguments past the limit.  2.6 panics instead,
on the assumption that you would rather not have things continue
ignoring your input.

I believe the maximum number of boot env vars is eight; look for
MAX_INIT_ENVS (should be in init/main.c) for the answer.

It certainly seems to me that eight would be insufficient for this
kind of thing, but it also doesn't look like you are using that many.
You could try bumping the limit to 16 and trying again, but that
requires building a new boot kernel which isn't exactly simple.  I'm
not even sure if I know how to do it myself.

 - J<