Re: Why is "LANG=en_US.UTF-8" the default in Fedora

> > It also makes them case insensitive. #^%$$# ^&%*& !!!
> >

> Actually I think it only makes the sort operations case insensitive.

That's a bit of a misnomer, it makes strcoll (not strcmp) obey the
comparison rules for the current locale.  In the case of en_US it means
that upper and lower case letters sort:

Rather than the 'C' (numeric value of the ASCII letters):

Note that upper case letters always come after their lower case
counterparts but before the next letter, so it's not case insensitive
and is, in general, what most people expect.

--
Shahms King <shahms shahms com>